Pantone has announced the hottest colors for spring 2013 including Linen, Poppy Red, Tender Shoots and Monaco Blue. Here’s peek at how a BlueStar range would look all dressed up in these amazing colors for spring:
Stainless steel kitchen appliances are still a top choice among buyers, but white appliances have certainly been gaining in popularity. One of the great things about white appliances? According to certified Kitchen Designer Susan Serra, “”white’s reflective properties, especially in large appliances such as a refrigerator, help make a space appear lighter in volume rather than heavier.”
Here’s a look at a few…
1. Bordeaux Wall Mount made of reclaimed oak wine barrels
2. Chardonnay Vanity made of reclaimed white wine-stained oaking staves
3. Cabernet Mirror made of reclaimed wine-stained oaking staves
4. Americana Mirror made of reclaimed wood
5. Americana Vanity made of reclaimed wood
6. Americana Cabinet made of reclaimed wood
While there are no hard and fast rules, but there are some general rules of thumb to consider when creating a lighting plan for your home and to prep for installation.
- Sconces can be used to balance overhead light sources and add dimension
- A sconce’s light source should sit about 60″ from the floor, while spacing across a room is appropriate at every 6-8′.
- Sizing is very important and chandeliers are statement makers. It is better to err on the side of substantial over diminutive.
- Above a dining table, the chandelier should be no larger than 3/4 the table’s width
We’ve done plenty of sweet treats for Pinterest to Plate, so we thought we’d tackle something savory this time around!
**Side note: Our team went back and forth about whether we were making dumplings or potstickers. What we gathered was that a pan-fried dumpling = a potsticker. Do you know the difference?**
Ingredients: ground turkey, green onions, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
May 8th, 7:30 to 11:00am
May 15th, 7:30 to 11:00am
May 22nd, 7:30 to 11:00am
May 29th, 7:30 to 11:00am
2706 Forest Hills Loop Rd
Wilson, NC 27893
We hope to see you there!
CHOW DOWN FOR A GOOD CAUSE!
WHEN: Saturday, June 1st | 1pm to 5pm
WHERE: Wilkinson | 3300 Bush Street Raleigh, NC
Enjoy fare from local Triangle food trucks, live music, and a children’s play area.
* Music by ROCKSHOW
Each participating food truck will donate 10% of their sales to the SPCA of Wake County AND Wilkinson will match it!
We hope to see you there!
(“Lighting Layouts” shared from Hudson Valley Lighting)
Not strictly spaces dedicated to food preparation, kitchens are focal points in today’s homes. While the traditional cooking and cleaning functions endure, kitchens are hubs of household activity. We use the space to entertain, eat, do homework, balance the checkbook and more.
Kitchens require strong overhead lighting for general illumination and can be attractively accomplished with a larger-scale flush mount fixture. However, the multipurpose nature of a kitchen necessitates incorporation of all three lighting layers.
Breakfast nooks can be lit with a single glass globe, decorative pendants or even a cluster of small pendants hung at various heights. In smaller kitchens, a secondary overhead source might not be necessary. Still, a wall sconce or two can provide additional ambient light, focused on the eating area.